Without Merit - Colleen Hoover

Without MeritWithout Merit by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, ok. I get the idea of the book. I get the idea of why the characters, specially Merit, have to be the way they are. But....it was just so damn hard to like her! She was selfish and mean, just like others told her and I was really starting to hate her. But then, as you get into the story you start understanding her a little and understanding the rest of her family. It's a book about an important topic: depression; a book about family and all the problems there might be. I think that in general it was ok, there were some parts that were very pretty and heartbreaking but I couldn't completely love the story and I'm sure a big pat of that was Merit. I understand that not all of the main characters can be perfect or likeable but, I don't know, sometimes it was just too much, she was so impulsive!
I really liked Sagan, though and in the end I think the story was good, but it is not on my top of CoHo's favorites.

View all my reviews

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top